In 1937 Minter Funeral Home was opened in Blakely, Georgia in the residence of H.E. and Birdie Lou Minter on River Street. In 1951, J.T. Manry, a native of Edison, Georgia and a graduate of John A. Gupton College of Mortuary Science in Nashville, Tennessee, joined the firm. After several years, Mrs. Minter was ready to retire, so she sold out the business, in the fall of 1955, to J.T. and Frannie Manry. They moved the firm to South Main Street and changed the name to Manry-Minter Funeral Home. Billy Joe Jordan, a Blakely native came to work at the funeral home in December of 1955 and later attended and graduated from John A. Gupton College of Mortuary Science. Mr. Manry purchased some land on Lucile Road and built a new funeral home. The practice moved to that building in April of 1970. At that time the name was changed to Manry-Jordan-Funeral Home.
Danny Hodges, who as a D.C.T. student, worked his senior year of high school (1969 – 1970), at the funeral home. He later attended and graduated from the Indianapolis College of Mortuary Science in Indianapolis, Indiana. He also came back into the business after college. Steve Manry attended and graduated from Gupton Jones College of Mortuary Science in Atlanta, Georgia in 1977 and moved back to Blakely to join the firm. Several years later, the name was changed and the business incorporated into Manry-Jordan-Hodges Funeral Home, Inc. and presently remains that way.